Key Product Features
• Harsh environment labeling - laminated labels offer protection
from moisture, temperature extremes, certain chemicals, and
• High speed, high resolution thermal transfer printing -
maximun print speed is 3.15 ips; maximum resolution is
360 x 720 dpi.
• Drop-in label cassettes eliminate the maintenance required
with other thermal transfer printers - no transfer ribbons to
install or align and no density calibrations required.
• Built-in auto cutter allows labels of various lengths to be
printed. Half-cut feature allows multiple labels to be printed
on a single strip and peeled off as needed.
• Built-in Ethernet port on the PT-9800PCN allows multiple
users to share one printer.
• Host USB port on the PT-9800PCN lets you connect a
USB scanner and print labels from scanned barcode data to
downloaded label templates.
• Print from non-Windows applications via the USB, serial and
Ethernet interfaces using ESC/P emulation or ASCII data.
• Distributed printing can spread large print jobs over multiple
• Five resident fonts and over 14 linear and two-dimensional
• Bundled with P-touch Editor, a powerful software application for
designing and printing customized, on-demand labels. You
can also use it to connect to a variety of data ﬁles.
• BRAdmin Light network management software is included with
the PT-9800PCN to make it easier to set up and manage Brother
desktop barcode and label printers.
PT Desktop Barcode and Label Printers
A Variety of Media Options
(Separate purchased required)
The Brother PT-9700PC and PT-9800PCN Desktop Barcode and
Label Printers use self-contained Genuine Brother P-touch media
cassettes to print the label and apply the lamination in a single
process. The thermal transfer technology provides a crisp, high-
quality output, while the simultaneous printing and lamination
process produces durable, protected labels that are suitable for
many applications. The media is available in a wide variety of colors
and sizes, with different adhesives and performance characteristics
to meet the needs for harsh-environment labeling:
• HG tape is a high-grade media that provides a high
resolution (up to 360 x 720 dpi) for printing ﬁne text, graphics,
barcodes and logos, or a faster throughput (up to 3.15 ips)
for assembly line and other demanding applications.
• TZ tape is available with four different adhesives to match
your speciﬁc application:
• Standard adhesive for general purpose labeling on ﬂat,
• Extra Strength adhesive for labeling on textured,
rough, and uneven surfaces, and on a variety of
plastics and other hard-to-stick material.
• Flexible ID adhesive for labeling cables and wires,
pipes and ﬁttings, beakers and test tubes, sharp
bends, hydraulic and electrical connectors, and other
• Tamper-Evident adhesive that leaves behind a
checkerboard pattern if the label is removed. It’s
great for asset management, property tags, company
tools, calibration labels, and other security applications.
HG and TZ tapes can be used for both indoor and outdoor
applications. The Extra Strength and Flexible ID adhesive tapes
are UL recognized (UL-969) for indoor and outdoor labeling
applications. The following chart shows a comparison between
the HG and TZ tapes.
Host USB, Ethernet)
TZ Tape HG Tape
360 x 180 dpi
360 x 360 dpi
360 x 720 dpi